Materials Engineer – Planning and Methods
1. To plan, coordinate and execute the procurement of all spare parts, materials and equipment for shutdown maintenance and inspection activities
2. To ensure that all procurement activities are planned to meet and support the scheduled shutdown maintenance and inspection activities.
The key tasks for the Materials Engineer within the Planning and Methods (P&M) department are as follows. The Materials Engineer must:
1. Work with the Shutdown Coordinators and Rotating Equipment Engineers at, to identify the spares and materials’ requirements for upcoming shutdowns sufficiently in advance of need to:
a. Ensure that all shutdown-related spare parts and materials meet onsite delivery, noting the challenges posed by internal procedures, external supply and long-lead times.
2. Utilize the Client’s approved OEM list for the procurement of key spares and materials as applicable.
3. Utilize THE CLIENT’s negotiated General Services Agreements (GSA) for rotating equipment (turbine) spares and materials as identified by the Rotating Equipment Engineer, and other GSAs as identified by Achats in HMD.
4. Maintain good internal communications across the P&M, Maintenance, and other departments
5. Keep weekly tracking of spare parts and materials, and follow-up with Achats and Expeditors in HMD.
6. Become fully conversant with THE CLIENT’s CMMS system, MUSIS.
7. Coordinate shutdown materials and spares preparation activities, including the “bag and tag” of spares, securing in onsite container
8. Act as warehouse supervisor throughout shutdowns, ensuring availability of any extra spares and materials required by the onsite execution teams.
9. Assist THE CLIENT departments with information and other data as required for the occasional export and re-import of key equipment, e.g. compressor bundles.
10. Collaborate with Achats in HMD to chase shutdown-related technical bid evaluations (TBE) to ensure that POs are placed to meet the delivery requirements onsite.
11. Update materials’ descriptions to ensure THE CLIENT has the latest and best purchasing and materials’ specifications for obtaining quotes from suppliers.
• Ensuring that spares and materials are identified in sufficient time to enable procurement to purchase and deliver the items to site in time for the scheduled shutdown.
• Managing interface and material issue responsibilities between P&M and Maintenance.
• Ensuring the TBE are conducted and reported efficiently to enable PO to be issued for shutdown spares and materials.
• Tracking and managing updates for spares and materials through MUSIS reporting, weekly shutdown meetings and correspondence with Achats in HMD.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Rotation||28 days on /28 days off|